An update from our practice on COVID-19
On May 10th, we will begin offering a limited number of in-person appointments allowing you to accompany your pet inside. We will increase the availability of these appointments as time, safety and efficiency allow.
We will continue to follow current CDC guidelines to keep our employees and other clients as safe as possible.
If there are too many rules for you, or you want to continue to limit risk, that’s okay! We will continue to provide curbside service too.
Here are the details:
- If you want to come inside, you will still text or call us on arrival and wait in your car for a team member to escort you directly into an exam room with your pet.
- At the end of the appointment, a team member will escort you out to avoid any possible congestion at the front door.
- Each pet may be accompanied by ONE family member. Our exam room size does not allow sufficient distancing for more than one family member. The only exception is end of life care during which two family members may come inside.
- All clients entering the building are required to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth throughout the entire visit, even when no one else is in the room as our ventilation system supplies all areas of the hospital.
- Masks will be required regardless of COVID-19 vaccine status. Many of our team members have been fully vaccinated but all team members are also required to be masked at all times.
- If you forget your mask, we can supply one for you.
- If you have health conditions which prevent you from wearing a mask at all times, we request that you continue to use our curbside service for your appointments until the CDC guidelines change.
- Our team will hold and restrain all pets during their exams. While an owner may be in the room with us it is not possible to maintain social distancing while holding a pet as the exam/treatment is taking place.
- If a pet is sick or injured and needs extensive treatment or diagnostic tests such as x-rays or lab work, we will request that you wait in your vehicle or leave your pet with us until they are ready to go home.
- Please note that tech appointment (nail trims, anal glands, ear cleaning, etc.) will remain curbside as will all medication and food pick up.
Please be patient with us as this modified system will be new and the first few days might come with some small hiccups. We are trying our best to give you peace of mind to be with your pet during visits while keeping everyone safe!
We look forward to being together again, seeing each other’s smiling eyes and sharing a great big “air” hug. For those of you that have come to love the convenience of curbside care, we look forward to continuing to serve you at the curb!
If you have questions, please let us know!
Pet Health Checker
Use Pet Health Checker to help you decide if your pet’s symptoms require immediate attention or if you should continue to monitor those symptoms at home.
Food & Prescriptions
If you require food and/or prescription refills, please use our online request form. We will contact you once your order is ready, and make payment arrangements and to bring the food out to your vehicle.
Worried about COVID-19 and your pets? Stay up to date on all current facts and figures about what this means for us and our furry family members.