Skip to main content

Health Certificates

Are you planning to travel internationally with your pet? CVH can help you and your pet get where you’re going!

For your pet to travel internationally on a plane, they will need a completed International Health Certificate, which is a two-step process.

The health certificate must be completed by a veterinarian who is APHIS accredited by the USDA. In some countries, your pet must be microchipped and have an up-to-date Rabies vaccine in order for a veterinarian to complete the health certificate.

After completion of the health certificate, it must be endorsed by a Veterinary Medical Officer at APHIS. It is important to be aware of the many time constraints. In fact, APHIS can require up to 3 days to endorse your certificate. Depending on your destination country, the certificate will be returned as either a digital or hard copy endorsement. If your destination country does not accept a digital endorsement, you will need to purchase a pre-paid FedEx or UPS shipping label and email us a PDF of the label. The return address and destination address must be the SAME for your shipping label.

Click here for more information:

USDA Pet Travel Information

We will need the following information PRIOR to your appointment to complete your international health certificate.

Health Certificate Form

  • Travel Information

  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY

    Some countries in Europe require US to give dewormer (cost based on weight).

    Some countries may also require parasite prevention and the last date given.

    Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!